...where the adventure begins

...where the adventure begins

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Who can fix a tractor??

Yesterday the tractor quit. How do you fix a tractor? Who do you call, do you take it in or do they make house calls?? We called Grandpa, but he was too far away to stop over. We let it sit overnight (actually God worked on it) and it started right up today. The boys gave the battery cables a little attention and WHOA! We even have lights now, that we didn't before. Isn't God great?! We do need to figure out what to do though when the tractor quits.

Remember when you move to a new town and your car breaks down? You try to find a good mechanic to take it to, so you ask around to gather names. Guess we better find some other farmers with tractors to ask.....

We had another bummer moment today. Our youngest's finger got caught in between a bolt, a nut and a fence post. He had to leave a little piece behind. Thanks to our neighbor across the street (Thank you nurse neighbor!!) we're going to keep it gooped up with neosporin and covered with a bandaid while watching closely. I hate that kind of drama. Not a fan of pain either, especially when its your kids hurting!Our oldest is reminding me that Farming is the #4 most dangerous occupation...isn't that nice to ponder on??

Night everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! I hope his finger heals quickly. I love your blog, especially the pictures. What an adventure -- I'm not brave enough to take on a farm, but I get a taste of it through blogs.

    ReplyDelete