We had new additions to our family today. A farmer up the road has sold his place to another farmer and has some barn cats that he was afraid the new farmer wouldn't care for. We have a Mom and spring kitty, and we have 2 4 week old kitties with no mom. She evidently was too wild to bring over.
Jordan and I headed to the store today to get kitty milk and cat food. OK, I know zip about cats and as a matter of fact I think I am allergic to them if they touch me (broke out in hives after cat sitting). Can you be allergic to only a certain type of cat? The Siamese cats I cat sat would rub all over me, which is where I broke out. This should be interesting. Its been fun!
The boys are thrilled, especially Taylor. Taylor and I just went in to feed the babies. Taylor didn't want to leave, he kept holding them so they didn't shiver. Its supposed to be 38 tonight, so we're hoping they stay warm! We have them in a box with a warm blanket, in the chicken coop, which Phil cleaned out yesterday for them.
Evidently we have to "lock them up" for 2-3 weeks, so they don't go back to their farm. I understand these cats are good mousers. After sitting empty for 2 years, I've got a feeling we've got a lot of mice!
Any suggestions on cat care, kitty care are appreciated. We will be having a "Name the kitty contest shortly, so watch for that. The winner even gets a prize!!
So cute. Good you have one mom, I bet she adopts the others. I am also allergic to cats, much to my dismay. Just keep them outside the house and don't cuddle them too much and you should be OK. Benadryl if you get itchy, sneezy or hivey after touching them.
ReplyDelete