...where the adventure begins

...where the adventure begins

Thursday, December 2, 2010

A little news from here....

I wish you could come outside with me at the moment. I stepped out to pick up a pair of golashes that are laying on the deck because its sleeting out. There are several coyotes in our field just crying back and forth to each other. Kind of an amazing sound, as long as they stay out there!!

There's supposed to be another storm rolling in tonight and rumor has it the weekend is going to be a mess weather wise. I've brought home my work, incase I get to camp out here tomorrow. I'm not a fan of winter driving, but I am getting used to it. Its the ice I don't like!

We are well here. Its been much warmer than last time, low 30's which feels really great after you have -20 temps.

We had a wonderful thanksgiving. We have really been blessed this year with so many wonderful things, events and people in our lives. It was a huge leap of faith for us to take to let everything we knew go and head out to take on our dream. Thanks for all of you for supporting and encouraging us. God has done wonderful things for us and we are grateful.

We shared our thanksgiving dinner with Honey's sister/family here on the farm. Honey's sister/family are gearing up for a move to about 4 hours from here. Funny in all our military career, we've never gotten to live closer than 8 hours to family. We've moved out here and we've got 4 cousins, 1 uncle within about a half hour and now a sibling/family within 4 hours. Nice to have some family around!

Cousin was out last weekend hunting, the last weekend of the season and he still had 1 doe tag left. He got a buck on the farm earlier in the season, got an elk last weekend and had this one remaining tag. Our oldest went out with him in the morning on the land we have a lease to, and came back empty handed. Oldest went out with friends later in the day, but cousin remained and went out and sat in our farmfield where he could see some deer laying. After a 2 hour wait, and a beautiful sunset, he got his last deer. He took it in and we were the beneficiaries of the meat. I'd love a recipe if you have a favorite one for venison. We had it the other night in sloppy joes and tonight its in tater tot casserole. This deer inparticular was living in our field eating the grain, so there is little gamie taste, or at least we can't tell much difference in the taste. Send in those recipes!!

No baby kittens yet. No concrete slab yet either- can't pour at -20!! We're waiting for the chinook winds that roll through during the winter and warm it into the 40s.

Hoping things are going well on your end. Drop us a line when you get a chance. We think of you often!

1 comment:

  1. Jean -- the pictures are fabulous. Makes one glad to be alive to see such beauty. I remember when we lived in B.C. (early 60s) this would happen. Thanks for the memory.

    ReplyDelete