We haven't forgotten about you!
We are well! Just got back from our first weekend away as a family since we've been on the farm- to the state special olympics tournament for basketball. Our son brought home a bronze medal for his team. The other team from his group brought home the gold. It was a GREAT time and a good break.
Halloween was great on the farm. We weren't sure what to expect. Our youngest went, dressed as a rodeo cowboy. We went to 3 neighbor houses (who ROCK!) and they filled Jordan's gallon bucket full! Next night NY Neighbors brought us an awesome smoked pizza and wings. For those of you looking for some good neighbors, the house/farm next door is still for sale!! I'd highly recommend the neighborhood!
I was working alot last week and came home after dark several night. As I was walking up to the house I am amazed at how many stars are in the sky here. I'm sure they are there where you are, but without the light pollution, WOW! I'm going to need to sign up for an astronomy class!
Still working on the foundation prep. We were burying conduit today so honey can have outlets easily accessible in the floor instead of running miles and miles of wire up and over the building. Next will be the pecs pipe, then the insulation, re bar (sp?), tying that up and then getting the concrete.
A few car issues this week- Van on a recall for the back Axel- checked out fine. The two back tires on the truck had to be replaced (new before the move)- the steel belts had broken. Have you ever driven a vehicle with broken belts in the tires- VERY SCARY, believe it or not...hard to control the car!
Hoping for a quiet week. Starting with a 4H meeting tomorrow night, a Special Olympics meeting Tuesday night...here we go again!! Enjoy yours everyone!
ps-cold front moving in tonight- calling for snow tomorrow to Tuesday- no major accumulation expected.
pss- saw a coyote in our field today on the way to church, thats a little unnerving! NY neighbors said they saw eagles this morning and deer in the yard.
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment