Hunting is a HUGE thing here. Our cousin came out to hunt here (on the farm) today and walked off with this prize- a 4 x 4 Mule Deer buck(8 point for other places). He'll be back I think. He has other tags to use and evidently found some really nice areas where they hang out here on the farm. We are not able to hunt this year- need 6 month residency.
Yesterday uncle and cousin came out and helped us prepare the footings/forms for the floor. They got quite a bit done, but still lots to do. The weather is supposed to turn this afternoon and snow is in the forecast. Lots of folks are talking about winter's arrival being shortly. I know honey will feel alot better once this project is done.
We got out the flannel sheets yesterday and we all slept great last night!! I am going now to find the winter coats, supposed to be mid 20's tomorrow night!
I've got a pumpkin boiling on the stove. Way past time for pumpkin cho chip bread!! Our church festival is next week and I need to take 2 pumpkin pies as well. I'll go up to church to make cabbage rolls next Sat am. Thats not a delicacy I grew up with...nuff said. Happy to support the cause!
Enjoy your week all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment