Sunday, December 9, 2012
Is it winter there too?
Yes, it feels like winter again here. Oldest and I went to mass this morning at a different church so we could prepare for a pancake breakfast during our regular mass at our church. As we left home at a balmy 0 degrees, the further down the hill the got the faster the temperature was falling. I told oldest I thought the thermometer in the car was broken. By the time we reached church it was -15 degrees. As a typical snow here, the sun came out and the Chinook winds came in warming things up. By the time we got out of our pancake breakfast it was 22 degrees. We live up on a bench and often our temperature is colder than below. IT was strange to see the difference so drastic!
Things are moving along here. This weekend we got our tree up as well as other decorations. The Christmas letter is complete, so its time for the preparing them for mailing. With the snow this weekend, its feeling alot like Christmas.
Honey is working hard in the shop and is ready to call for his electrical inspection. He's had a few companies come out to talk about insulation, which will be likely the next stage.
School and outside activities are keeping us very busy. We're hosting an Advent bible study as well.
I know I've got more updates to get out. Not sure where time goes. Thanks for continuing to think about us and know we are grateful for your love and friendship. I'll be back again soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment