...where the adventure begins

...where the adventure begins

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Its soggy here!

Hello everyone! Many in the area here are contemplating on building an ark. We've had our annual moisture already for the year. Its VERY soggy here. Many places are flooding closer to home now as well- a good time to live up on the bench. Here's a pic of the falls in town. For those of you who know where this is, I have never seen it so full!! Most dams/spillways are running above full capacity for release.


We thought the garden was flooded out, but when I went out tonight I see radishes, onions, potatoes and I think sugar snap peas peaking out. We've had 2 days of mostly sunshine in the past 2.5 weeks. We are so ready for some nice weather.

The barley looks good, still slow growing with the cool temps and all the moisture. It was 55 today. I see alot of you are way warmer and high humidities. I'll try to be content with what I have.

We are having equipment issues. The backhoe just came back up having front wheels bearings, races and seals replaced. The tractor is stuck in low gear so you can't shift it to high or reverse. The pick up went in this past week as well for universal joint and new ball joint.

The road out to the farm is up for the most pot holy road around! Can't wait for the maintainer to come through, but I guess the rain has to quit first.

Two national holidays will be celebrated here next week in our house. Great people are born in June!! (OK, maybe in other months of the year as well :)!

The boys moved the kittie coup this past weekend. We're continuing to clean up things. Here's a few pics from that.






It was a BEAUTIFUL drive into Mass on Sunday. Here's a few pics from the drive in.


Wishing you a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment