...where the adventure begins

...where the adventure begins

Monday, January 31, 2011

Hope you are staying warm!!

This morning we started off at a balmy -23 when my honey got up at 5:30am. When youngest and I headed into town, the tire light came in about 9 miles into our journey. We pulled off at a church near the highway and called home. Honey was on his way out the door to take some R&R and bond with his sisters about 5 hrs away. We caught him just in time (YEA!!!) and bless his heart, he came out to change our almost flat tire in -20 weather. He ROCKS!! I got a new pair of insullated heavy gloves for Christmas. I'm not sure it was a true test, but my hands were freezing!! Bless my honey, I'm sure he was colder than that. Life is always an adventure, isn't it? I'm thankful too for the tire store on the way into town who has now probably fixed our 6th or 7th flat since we've been here. These roads are TOUGH!! I think the high today was maybe -3. Heat wave moves in tomorrow after we hit -21 overnight we soar to 7 tomorrow! Hope you are staying warm. Hearing rumblings about ice storms out east, hang in there guys!! May you keep power and heat!

The tin has arrived for the shop. We haven't seen the builder yet. We expect him at any time. Honey commented several times while changing the tire this morning that he couldn't wait for a heated shop!

Life has been busy, with work/school during the week. FFA has had some activities lately and skiing with Special Olympics and the adaptive program is making the weekends zip by. They boys eat, drink and breath skiing. I'm enjoying staying warm in the lodge. I do have a ski pass good for 3 lift tickets this season, if someone wants to come out and join us!

Wanted you to know we hadnt forgotten you. I really thought we'd have building pics to send along by now. We'll keep you posted. Here are a few pics to enjoy while you are here.
One is a sunrise recently- cool, eh?

This is where we are "living" one day of the weekend. Its almost 2 hrs SE of here



Thanks for checking in. Hope to catch up with you very soon!! Know we are remembering you in our prayers! We are so blessed! Thanks for being apart of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment